James Bond - Casino Royale
Shaken and Stirred - Helping to Sink a Building for James Bond
James Bond film 'Casino Royale' has been one of the most successful in this ever-popular franchise. One of the biggest, the sinking of a Venetian building, was a unique motion control challenge that involved Moog and its partner EMP Designs Ltd.
To sink the Venetian building, in the final scenes, using Moog's smooth and safe operation of a huge rig that had to sink one of three motion bases, the largest weighting 80,0000 kg into the water tanks at Pinewood Studios, England.
The equipment designed to control the rig centred on an M3000 system, which for this application can be split into the hardware — Moog Servo Controller (MSC); and software — Moog Axis Control Software (MACS). It was used to control six digital Moog Axis Control Valves (ACV), which, in turn operated six hydraulic actuators.
▪Moog Servocontroller (M3000) and Moog Axis control software (MACS) providing extreme precision control, which is stable, flexible and cost effective.
• A hydraulic system based on digital valve technology
• Enhanced safety provided enabling team to make a controlled stop should it be needed.
• Ability to integrate a touch screen, giving a complete simplistic overview of the system
• Less prone to external influences such as radio frequencies
Read the Full Story
- Markets Overview
- Products Overview
- Service & Support
- Service and Repair - Industrial Group
- Actuator Repairs - Industrial Group
- Oil Analysis Service Industrial Group
- Training - Industrial Group
- Additional UK Services - Industrial Group
- Recent Projects
- News and Newsletter Subscriptions
- Locations & Contacts
- Contact Us